Yes, you’ve read that correctly! Nakiska will be the first in Canada to open this ski season for a preview weekend this Saturday & Sunday, November 4th/5th. Here’s the scoop;
Saturday, November 4th – 10:00am – 4:00pm
Sunday, November 5th – 9:00am – 4:00pm
Reduced Ticket Prices
Full Day tickets available only (all prices quoted do not include GST)
Adult – $49.95
Senior – $39.95
Youth – $37.95
Child – $19.95
*Please note RCR Rockies card discounts do not apply when reduced rates in effect.
Skiing off Gold Chair
Upload/Download off Olympic Chair
Last Chair will load at 3:30
Runs Open: Upper Mapmaker, Mid Mapmaker, Amptheatre, Mid Mountain Area, Olympic Easy Way, Morley Flats, served by GCX. Upper and Mid Glades with early season conditions, skiout on Gold Road.
*Note – there is no beginner terrain available
Daylodge open at 8:00am – 4:30pm with extended offering of food & drinks
Slopeside Cafe 8:30am – 5:00pm
Mid Mountain Lodge open at 10:00am with modified food and beverage services 10:30am – 3:30pm
Guest services open at 08:30am – 4:00pm – stop in to get your season pass printed!
Ticketing Office open 9:30am – 2:00pm & Sunday at 8:30am -2:00pm (note – tickets will not be sold after 2:00pm)
Retail Boutique open 8:30am – 3:00pm
Rentals open Saturday 9:00am & Sunday at 8:30am
Please note – no daycare services or winter sports school lessons will be available
November Opening Schedule
November 17th – 19th
Official 7-day opening on December 1st
Valentine’s Day is coming up – treat the lady in your life to a Ladies’ Day at Nakiska! Ladies’ Ski & Snowboard Days are scheduled this season for February 9th, March 1st, 9th & 29th and April 6th (potential date). Ladies day programs all include lift pass, instruction, transportation, gourmet lunch and (of course) pampering.
Purchase your program (or one for your lady) and get more information from our purchase link.
Our winter Early Bird season pass sale ends on Saturday, June 25th, order your season pass or multi week ski school lesson online through the RCR Webstore before the deadline for the best savings of next season.
Don’t forget about those lessons! Get the kids in multi week programs – view and buy ski school programs through the RCR Webstore.
NEW this year buy a $500 Food & Beverage card for just $399 when purchased with your season pass! Find out more about this new Member Benefit and all the others on the RCR Webstore.
For Immediate Release: May 24th, 2016
Early Bird 2016.2017 RCR Season Pass Sale on Now
The Resorts of the Canadian Rockies annual Early Bird season pass sale has begun. To take advantage of the best deal in skiing/riding in the Canadian Rockies, purchase your Fernie, Kimberley, Kicking Horse and Nakiska season passes before June 25th.
Here are some items you won’t want to miss with this sale;
- Free food (we knew that would get your attention). This season get over $100 in free food! Pre purchase a food card with your season pass to redeem at any RCR Food & Beverage outlet at our resorts – food cards are just $399 when purchased in conjunction with your season pass and are worth a full $500 to use at the resorts throughout the season.
- Get friends a great deal on skiing/riding too! Save up to 25% on family & friend lift tickets (no blackout dates)! When purchasing a season pass, up to 12 tickets can be purchased for family & friends for $74.95 and can be used through the entire season at all RCR resorts.
- Thinking of getting a Nakiska season pass? Don’t forget you can purchase two days of riding at one of our B.C resorts for just $69.95 for an adult. The Ski BC two day pass is valid all season long!
Purchase your season pass from the Skircr Online Store now.
What a great winter – thank you!
We love to share the many moments that matter, here are some of our guest moments from the past season;
About Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc.
Proudly Canadian, Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc. (RCR) is the largest private ski resort owner/operator in North America, owning six ski resorts across Canada, including Nakiska Ski Area in Alberta; Fernie Alpine Resort, Kicking Horse Mountain Resort and Kimberley Alpine Resort in British Columbia. RCR also owns and manages a number of hotels and golf courses, including Trickle Creek in Kimberley, and Wintergreen Golf and Country Club in Bragg Creek. RCR aims to provide each and every guest The Ultimate Experience.
For more information, please contact:
Senior VP Marketing & Resort Experience, Resorts of the Canadian Rockies
Twitter – @PowderMatt • Powder Matt’s Blog • Powder Matt on Pinterest • Powder Matt on Google +
Treat yourself to a day at Nakiska Ski Area! Our Ladies Days include transportation to Nakiska and back from Calgary, your lift pass and guided instruction and a gourmet lunch at the Finish Line Lounge! The whole package is just $139.99 (or $104.99 with a season pass). Next event is coming up on Wednesday, other dates available are March 2nd & 10th – sign up is available online!
Words & photos by Karen Ung
Ski season has started and it’s not too late to get a Nakiska Season’s Pass! Why Nakiska? The best hill is the one you go to! Since my first visit in ’99, I’ve made lots of turns at Nakiska, and return each year to the promise of great skiing less than an hour’s drive from home. There is terrain for all levels, with fun features such as the NaJibSka Rail Park and Monster Glades, an amazing snow school, and a long season thanks to state of the art snowmaking equipment. Last year, we made the most of our season’s pass (15 visits!), and were surprised at how quickly our kids progressed from bunny hill to blue runs! If you love to ski and want to go often, a Season’s Pass or RCR Rockies Card is the best value for your money.
- Ski Close: Since Nakiska is less than an hour from Calgary, you not only save time and money driving, but on lodging and dining also!
- Ski any time, all season long, for a great rate: Your Season’s Pass pays for itself in only 11 visits (way less if you get the early bird special)! Not sure you will go that many times? Consider the RCR Rockies Card*. For little more than a single lift ticket, you get three free days and discounts at partner ski resorts. *Only available until December 26th
- Flexibility: Whether you like to sleep in or have children that nap, a season’s pass allows you to ski when you want. There’s no need to wait until 12:30 pm for half-day lift tickets! Since our girls are late risers, we head out mid-morning after a big breakfast and ski until the lifts shut down. It’s just the right amount of time for little legs (and by not overdoing it, they’re keen to go back)!
- Terrain for All Levels: Nakiska boasts a large learning area, beginner-friendly green runs, the NaJibSka Rail Park, Monster Glades, and everything in between. While the runs off the Gold Chair are my favorite, now that I have children, I appreciate the beginner terrain. There is an easy way down, so even beginners can take long runs down from the top of the Silver Chair. My daughter quickly advanced to blue runs by the age of 5!
- Super Fast Gold Chair Express: I love the Gold Chair Express so I can wait less and ski more. Tip: Play in the Monster Glades after a big dump of snow!
- Kids 5 & Under Ski Free: For real! Nakiska is the only mountain that offers free skiing to children 5 and under, so if your children are the right age, you only need to purchase adult season’s passes!
- Resort Size: With 71 runs, Nakiska is just the right size. The hill is easy to navigate, with all runs on the same side of the mountain, and there are plenty of fun runs for everyone. Pop in to the mid-mountain lodge or main lodge for a bite. Fun fact: 28% of Nakiska’s runs are advanced!
- No Getting Stuck In The Flats: Nakiska doesn’t have long, flat stretches to get stuck in, so you can ski or ride more!
- Family Friendly: Families will love Nakiska’s onsite daycare, Snow School, great learning area for first timers, and beginner friendly runs from the Bronze Chair. The Bronze Chair is not too fast, so first-timers can safely get the hang of getting on and off.
- Partner Discounts: Your Nakiska Season’s Pass includes discounts at partner resorts, hotels, and businesses. See all member benefits here.
Bonus: Skiing at Nakiska is fun!
See you on the slopes! At Nakiska!
Our fall season pass sale is on now it’s your last chance to save on Season Passes & Ski School this season. Call 1-800-258-7669 to purchase or order online, buy before October 17th to save!